Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Ovarian Cancer Survivor


I am a Ovarian cancer survivor. I have been fighting and surviving this since January 2005. I was in remission when I wrote this poem. For the last few years I have needed chemo treatments again, but I am doing well.

The chemo is done,
But the brain fog is still there.
Oh how good it feels,
To run a comb through my hair!
The stitchs are healed,
But the scars still do show,
Surviving cancer can be a long road to tow.
Check ups and blood tests,
Fears and emotions,
Cancer can cause quite a commotion !
I look to the sky,
The flowers and trees,
I hear the soft rain.
The whispering breeze.
I am so thankful for each day,
That I can still experience these things.
After cancer you look differently,
At all the joys that life brings.
To all the people who have experienced what I've known,
We all have each other,
We're not alone.


Renee
1/17/2007

No comments:

Post a Comment