Tuesday, April 20, 2010



I planted this one Tulip bulb four years ago from a plant that my daughter recieved. It came up every year but never produced a flower. I didnt have the heart to just dig it up and throw it, so I continued to just let it come up every Spring. I even bought some new bulbs and planted them this last Fall and they are coming up nicely with buds on them. This year to my surprise the four year old Tulip finally produced a flower. I was so thrilled, that I had to write a poem about it ! Springtime is so beautiful, and can be so inspiring.


Four Year Old Tulip

My four year old Tulip,
That never bloomed.
I let it come up every year,
But looked at it with gloom.
This year it surprised me,
With a beautiful bloom !
A little hope,
And tender loving care,
My handicapped plant
Has now been spared.


Renee 4/8/2010

No comments:

Post a Comment